Viva Vicky

This is the place to discuss all things related to Vicky Duncalf’s Pop Astro Live shows, which are streamed via Facebook and YouTube.

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

RMSteele

Viva Vicky

Post by RMSteele »

Friday evening on Youtube is the new Sky at Night. It's spontaneous, live and has its own inimitable presenter and "custom" backdrop just like the old program did. I watch every week. The guests are great sports to do their bit live and liable to be ambushed by Vicky's quizzes and challenges. Dr Tim Gregory was brilliant. Please invite him back to talk about space rocks or asteroids and do educational impressions of Mars landers! So, Thank You Vicky for putting up with the cold and discomfort to bring us such interest and lively entertainment. Kind thoughts, Bob
JohnM

Re: Viva Vicky

Post by JohnM »

Sounds like Vicky / SPA ought to invite Chris Lintott to speak. I see his online talk on Exo-planets has reached the limit of 500 attendees so that might be a good subject but perhaps better for a SPA Saturday meeting or the 2021 virtual convention !!! :wink:
Data Miner & Amateur Astronomer
VickyDuncalf

Post by VickyDuncalf »

Oh my gosh, that really is the kindest thing, I'm totally humbled, seriously. Just what I needed to hear today for a confidence boost, such kind words. See you on Friday ! X X X
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Friday's show was a triumph. Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Vicky has the Patrick Moore gift of carrying on commentating no matter what. Looking forward to next Friday. Regards Bob
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Nice, fascinating mix of topics and news tonight with amateur home observatories, Eleni, anti-hydrogen and spaceflight. Thanks for an enjoyable snow-moon show and putting up with the cold again Vicky. Regards, Bob and Lesley
jeff.stevens

Post by jeff.stevens »

Vicky is doing a great job hosting Pop Astro Live. Great show again tonight. Looking forward to the next one.

Best wishes, Jeff.
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Thanks to Vicky for enduring the Anglesey cold and leading a great show tonight (5th March). Particularly enjoyed Stephen Serjeant's talk and Eleni's round-up. Thanks to all who took part. Even after lockdown ends there will be merit in continuing this format, even if only monthly. Bob and Lesley
jeff.stevens

Post by jeff.stevens »

Agree entirely, Bob. It's a great show with fascinating guests. I loved Stephen's gravitational lensing images, and his enthusiastic talk about them.

Best wishes, Jeff.
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

A rapid fire program last night. Will it get even faster as the laundry warms up in the spring weather? Please get Dr Tim Gregory back to talk about carbonaceous chondrites! Bob 'n Les.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

It may be better to get someone from the NHM to talk about the latest find. I believe Dr Tim Gregory has moved from the world of Meteorites to the world of Nuclear Chemistry so may not be in touch with what they have found in the last few days.
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Thanks to Vicky for once again lugging all her stuff down to the laundry room and back to bring us The Sky at Anglesey last night, and thanks to all the guests. Last night's show leaves one question unanswered: why is it always clear over Robin's house?
kind thoughts, Bob
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

There was an interesting mention of another possible meteorite fall in the UK on last night’s show (in the viewer comments). See my further post on this topic in the “General” section. Bob
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Thanks Bob,

The question was from me - I will have a look at your comments in General.

John
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Thanks for being such a lively and creative host Vicky. In my young days "stargazers" were stereotyped as loners, but your show (and the SPA in general) encourages the friendly, fun aspect of joining in like Alice Sheppard took the time to do from Sweden. I only hope that people of all ages with an interest in the skies above us continue to join. Thank you to Robin for picking up Eleni's space news slot. I do hope that Eleni continues to do that, she is a great role model for young people. Kind Thoughts, Bob
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Loved the children's artwork last Thursday night, and of course Eleni in fairy lights! Bob