Telescopes back at Lidl

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

nealeh

Telescopes back at Lidl

Post by nealeh »

It's been quite a few years since I've seen Lidl selling their once famous Christmas telescopes, but I've noticed that they have one again this year - the Bresser 70/700 (looks to be this one- http://www.bresser.de/es/produkte/junio ... d739cf4ab6).

Doesn't look as substantial (especially the mount) as the ones they sold six or seven years ago, but still probably better than 'Toy R' Us' or 'Discovery Channel' products.
Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
trynda1701

Re: Telescopes back at Lidl

Post by trynda1701 »

Haven't been near a Lidl recently, so how much are they selling it for?

Mark
Scopes: Celestron C8 Classic (Black-1990), Skywatcher Heritage 130P Flexitube (2014).
EPs: Plossls - 24mm, 16mm ES Maxvision 68°; 18mm, 12mm, 8mm BST Explorer 60°; Kellners - 25mm Celestron; 40mm & 9mm Japanese; MA - 25mm & 10mm Skywatcher; Skywatcher 2x Barlow.
Binos: Helios Apollo 15x70. CZJ Jenoptem 10x50W, Manfrotto 679B Monopod/DynaSun WT011H 3/8 TriggerGrip Ballhead, Vanguard PhotoTripod (T-120223AB). Olympus 8x40 DPS I. Halina Discovery 8x30 [x2].
nealeh

Post by nealeh »

£70.
Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Leslie Ewan

Post by Leslie Ewan »

I bought a Lidl refractor several years ago,to use for Solar projection work but the internal baffles melted. :lol: It wasn't much of a miss when I threw the tube in a skip as the optical quality was very poor on nightime objects.However I still have the tripod which is pretty good and I recently put a Skywatcher 90mm f10 OTA on it,and the Skywatcher EQ1 head bolted right on. 8) Also the supplied 4mm eyepiece does remarkable work on my 200mm f5 Helos reflector giving fairly decent high power views of Saturn when conditions are right so I did get something for my money out of it.
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

I also bought the Lidl "Skylux" 70mm refractor Leslie. I use it in conjunction with a PST as a stage 1 mod. As you say, the 'scope isn't of high quality, but it does give more detailed views of solar phenomena than the PST's original 40mm objective.
The "Skylux" came with quite a decent EQ-2 mounting, which I still have.
brian
Leslie Ewan

Post by Leslie Ewan »

HI Brian,
Oh,I didn't know this mount was based on the EQ 2,I assumed it was some kind of hybrid mongrel setup which couldn't even be driven,although as I remember it was pretty solidly built. I still have mine somewhere ,Ill haul it out as my EQ1 though OK its a bit flimsy for the rig sitting on it,especially when its breezy(which it mostly is here). :x