Cressing Star Party

The place to leave details of astronomical attractions

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

Paul Freeman

Cressing Star Party

Post by Paul Freeman »

The North East Essex Astronomical Society (NEAS) are hosting a star party in conjunction with Essex County Council at Cressing Temple Barns next Friday Evening, 20th Oct, 7.00 - 9.00ish. There will be various talks, including one by Jerry Workman, power point presentations, displays including one on light pollution, an advice centre, an inflatable planetarium,and, if it is clear enough, 3 or 4 'scopes of various sizes to peer through. Admission is £4, or a family ticket for £10.
The venue is roughly half way between Braintree and Witham on the B1018.
Lets hope for clear skys! Regards, Paul Freeman.
justin138

Post by justin138 »

Hi Paul,
Is North East Essex Astronomical Society the lot who used to meet in Witham about 5 years ago do you know?
I shall be going on Friday but the weather sure looks grim! Ho hum...

Justin
10" Revelation dob
10X50 Bins
7" homemade dob
Paul Freeman

Cressing Star Party

Post by Paul Freeman »

Hi Justin - yes you are right, but not any more! As from November 15th we will be meeting at the Henry Dixon Hall, Rivenhall End just off the A12, and then the third Wednesday of every month (except December). As you say the weather is not looking too good at the present time. Never mind, there's always the inflatable planetarium!
Regards, Paul.
justin138

Post by justin138 »

Paul, that's excellent, does one just turn up on the night for the meetings? I know a couple of other people who will be interested in joining up.

Cheers

Justin
10" Revelation dob
10X50 Bins
7" homemade dob
Paul Freeman

Cressing Star Party

Post by Paul Freeman »

Hi Justin - yes, just turn up. Meetings start at 8.00pm and admission is usually £2 if there is a speaker, £1 otherwise. For more info. try the web site www.neas.me.uk click on downloads, future events, October update.
Hope this is helpful, Regards, Paul.
justin138

Post by justin138 »

Hi Paul, went along last night, very interesting and a nice bunch of people as well! Looked for a name tag saying Paul but couldn't see one!
Joined up and am planning on going along to the observatory this coming Thursday.
Thanks for the info and may see you about one day!

Cheers
Justin
10" Revelation dob
10X50 Bins
7" homemade dob
Paul Freeman

Cressing Star Party

Post by Paul Freeman »

Hi Justin - glad you made it there last night. I was there but probably hovering around one of the other barns or outside looking for a break in the clouds! We all felt the evening was a success despite the weather. Nice to hear you joined up. I may be over the observatory next Thursday, but if not I will look out for you at the next meeting.
Best wishes, Paul.