The Moore Winter Marathon - INTECH (Winchester), 27 Nov 2012

The place to leave details of astronomical attractions

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

INTECH Planetarium

The Moore Winter Marathon - INTECH (Winchester), 27 Nov 2012

Post by INTECH Planetarium »

EDIT:
Dear all,

Very sorry to report that due to factors beyond any of our control, this event has had to be cancelled. Apologies to anyone who had been looking forward to it (as I had myself).

I'm contacting everyone who bought a ticket and left contact details with us. If you have a ticket but haven't heard from me, please get in touch with me at jennyshipway@intech-uk.com , or call me on 01962 891916.

Thanks,
Jenny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

I'm excited to announce a very special event at INTECH:

The Moore Winter Marathon - planetarium show

Full details http://www.intech-uk.com/Moore

The BBC’s Sky at Night television programme has recently announced their second night sky marathon; The Moore Winter Marathon. This is a collection of 50 celestial items which can be seen between the months of November 2012, through to January 2013.

Broken down into unaided-eye/binocular items and those which require a telescope, the marathon can be enjoyed by anyone with clear skies. To help you find the objects, the Sky at Night team has created observing forms and guides which may be downloaded via the programme’s website at http://www.bbc.co.uk/skyatnight.

Two of the programme’s presenters, Pete Lawrence and Paul Abel will present a visual guide to the Moore Winter Marathon. Making full use of INTECH’s spectacular digital planetarium, Pete and Paul will assist you in finding your way through the winter night sky, telling you how to find, observe and tick off items from the marathon list.

So whether you’re an experienced star watcher or struggle to find make out the most obvious constellations, why not take advantage of two highly experienced and entertaining observers as they guide you through the heavens.

Please note Pete and Paul are appearing privately and are not representing the BBC Sky at Night during this presentation.

Tickets: £6.50/£5.50, pre-book on 01962 891925

Timing: Cafe & upper exhibition open from 5pm.
Planetarium show begins 6:30pm, evening ends 8:00pm.
Last edited by INTECH Planetarium on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Jenny Shipway, INTECH Science Centre & Planetarium, Telegraph Way, Winchester SO21 1HZ
INTECH Planetarium

Re: The Moore Winter Marathon - INTECH (Winchester), 27 Nov

Post by INTECH Planetarium »

Dear all,

Very sorry to report that due to factors beyond any of our control, this event has had to be cancelled. Apologies to anyone who had been looking forward to it (as I had myself).

I'm contacting everyone who bought a ticket and left contact details with us. If you have a ticket but haven't heard from me, please get in touch with me at jennyshipway@intech-uk.com , or call me on 01962 891916.

Thanks,
Jenny
Dr Jenny Shipway, INTECH Science Centre & Planetarium, Telegraph Way, Winchester SO21 1HZ