North Staffordshire AS Feb 7th 2012 Keaton Stone Event

The place to leave details of astronomical attractions

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

puma2020

North Staffordshire AS Feb 7th 2012 Keaton Stone Event

Post by puma2020 »

Dear Fellow Astronomer,

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you about North Staffordshire Astronomical Society's February 2012 Presentation.

Our speaker will be Keaton Stone. His subject for the evening will be 'Behind the Scenes at Stargazing Live'.

Keaton worked on last years event and also on BBC's Sky at Night programme and will have many tales to tell of his experiences, working on these top astronomy programmes.

He is currently hard at work filming with Prof. Brian Cox et al on this years 'Stargazing' programme, so he will be fresh from that when he visits North Staffs AS.

We are expecting quite a turnout for this event and as such, we are moving to a new venue for this event.

It's to be held at
Hempstalls Primary School.
Collard Avenue,
Cross Heath,
Newcastle,
Staffordshire.
ST5 9LH

Tickets are priced at £2.50 by reservation at secretary@northstaffsas.co.uk .

Admission is free to current North Staffs AS members.

Doors open at 7pm with the presentation beginning around 7.45pm

Please email me with any questions or for more see http://www.northstaffsas.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Duncan Richardson
(Secretary North Staffs AS)
Last edited by puma2020 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
andywills

Post by andywills »

This is very tempting, I'll have a look at what I've got on my "todo" list and probably be in contact...(and it's just down the road from me)

Had a phone call last night about keele uni having open days/nights next week. Don't know if anyone else has heard about it?
puma2020

Post by puma2020 »

There are open nights one Monday to Thursday next week and every Tuesday, I think.

Not sure which night I'm going up yet. Will depend on the weather I suppose :wink:

Duncan