Stargazing Live event

The place to leave details of astronomical attractions

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

Ben Joseph

Stargazing Live event

Post by Ben Joseph »

Calling all buddying amatuer astronomers

Hi Folks,

Im a science teacher / amatuer astronomer working at a school in Solihull in the west midlands.

I have arranged a night on firday the 7th of January, for thier to be a star party held at "Tudor Grange secondary school", run by myself. I have a few telescopes, and a few pupils who are going to bring some along also

However, if the skies are clear, we are in desperate need of some extra astronomers, who could bring thier equipment along and share thier passion and knowldege with the public. If we have a big turn out, we may not have enough telescopes, and binnoculars, therefore we are looking for anyone, who wouldnt ming voluteering to help out, with thier own equipment.

I am hoping to have a at least five scopes set up in the carpark, and maybe a few laptops running inside, where we could have some simple imaging talks, and maybe some demo;s if the weather is cloudy. Free tea anc coffee of course, will be provided.

If you live locally to the school, or are in either knowle or bham astronomical society or an independent amatuer astronomer and feel as thou you may be able to help me out, then please get in touch, either on here, or through the following email:

bjpw2002@yahoo.co.uk or contact: ben 07890 909 755 (please leave a voicemail)

This message is also aimed at getting the public to come along, so please come along, if you want to learn more about the night sky.

Please check the BBC stargazing live website for more details

ben
B Joseph