Wanted.

Advertise your unwanted astronomical equipment here. Commercial ads will be removed

Moderators: Guy Fennimore, joe, Brian

Sheffield Col

Wanted.

Post by Sheffield Col »

Hi, I am looking for a controller for my telescope. Has anybody got one for sale?
M54

Post by M54 »

Some information:
Would help people reading the Classifieds if you gave an idea of what you wanted like; Wanted scope controller.

Then in the request it could be useful if people had an idea of what specific controller it is that you want. Is it for a Meade ETX, LX or whatever, a Celestron Nexstar, Skywatcher.

If I had one spare I wouldn't know if it were thet type you want.
Sheffield Col

Post by Sheffield Col »

M54 wrote:Some information:
Would help people reading the Classifieds if you gave an idea of what you wanted like; Wanted scope controller.

Then in the request it could be useful if people had an idea of what specific controller it is that you want. Is it for a Meade ETX, LX or whatever, a Celestron Nexstar, Skywatcher.

If I had one spare I wouldn't know if it were thet type you want.
It's actually for the equatorial mount. For tracking when you dont have a motor. I am sure they are all the same.
LeoLion

Post by LeoLion »

Hi Sheffield Col , I see from your sig (posted elewhere ) that you have an EQ 3/2 mount . It is possible that you mean Control Cables for the RA and Dec Axis which are flexible mechanical links to turn the worms driving each axis . That is per Page 6 of http://www.opticstar.com/download/Astro ... manual.pdf ? Hope this is of help.
Sheffield Col

Post by Sheffield Col »

LeoLion wrote:Hi Sheffield Col , I see from your sig (posted elewhere ) that you have an EQ 3/2 mount . It is possible that you mean Control Cables for the RA and Dec Axis which are flexible mechanical links to turn the worms driving each axis . That is per Page 6 of http://www.opticstar.com/download/Astro ... manual.pdf ? Hope this is of help.
Yes It's one of those.
M54

Post by M54 »

After the post I did the same as LeoLion and went and found a signature of yours. As I didn't see any mention of a goto scope I managed to get more lost.

From the post I was expecting a request for a controller for a goto.

Cannot read the Opticstar items list as I destroyed my pdf reader but I see they do Astro Engineering items and I would otherwise have suggested that you try them.

If Opticstar have the two items then go through them as Astro Engineering are tied with others and they unfortunately have an odd reputation for posting stuff out. Some get items immediately, some late, others never. I'm lucky in that I can drive there.

If you have no luck then look at the Astro Engineering site.