SPACE EXPLORATION

Hubble, probes to the planets etc

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

RonPrice

SPACE EXPLORATION

Post by RonPrice »

SPACE EXPLORATION

In the two years(7/’69 to 7/’71) before I traveled-pioneered from Canada to Australia for the Canadian Baha’i community, the USA put a man on the moon and the USSR achieved a soft landing with what was called an automated Lunokhod 1 rover.(1) I was 26 in July 1969 and, as I write this prose-poem, I am 71 years old. The space program of both the USA and the USSR has continued in the last four decades as had my own particular ‘space-program.’-Ron Price with thanks to 1ABC1 TV, “Tank on the Moon,” 9:30 to 10:25 p.m., 7 October 2010.

My space travel was far different
than that of the USA’s & USSR’s
some 45 years ago when I was
young & seeking adventure in-on
the world’s space-corridors. I did
not need a technological expertise,
a team of scientists or any special
genius just a travelling-pioneering
spirit and a wife who had burning
desires to keep going to the other
end of the earth. And then I kept(1)
going to town after town until the
years of my late middle age, until(2)
my children had all flown-the-coup
and I settled-into some delightful
medications for my bipolar disorder
to ride-out my life until the last hours,
the last syllable, of my recorded time
far--past outrageous fortune’s slings.

(1) My first wife came with me to the Canadian Arctic in 1967 and I came with her to Australia in 1971. In both countries we were primary-school teachers. She returned to Canada and I kept going to towns in several states of Australia.
(2) At the age of 55 I took an early retirement, a sea-change, to a small town by a river, by the sea in Tasmania. I did a few more years of casual and volunteer work in George Town, the oldest town on the oldest continent--in Australia--and then became, by degrees, a full-time poet and publisher, editor and writer, journalist and independent scholar on a pension.

Ron Price
11/10/'10 TO 22/7/'15.
married for 45 years, a teacher for 35, a writer and editor for 13, and a Baha'i for 53(in 2012)