Moriba K. Jah

The non amateur stuff. Hawking, black holes, that sort of thing

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

mikemarotta

Moriba K. Jah

Post by mikemarotta »

My primary responsibility as vice president of our local club is to arrange the meetings. I am working on coordinating schedules for May or June 2021 with Dr. Moriba K. Jah of the University of Texas.

"His research interests are in non-gravitational astrodynamics and advanced/non-linear multi-sensor/object tracking, prediction, and information fusion. His expertise is in space object detection, tracking, identification, and characterization, as well as spacecraft navigation." -- https://www.ae.utexas.edu/people/facult ... ectory/jah

I met him when he was the scientist guest-of-honor at the Armadillocon science fiction convention here in Austin. He explained that lightweight stuff gets pushed around by the solar wind; objects orbiting the Earth collide.
Michael E. Marotta
Explore Scientific 102 mm Refractor
National Geographic 70 mm Refractor
Ploessl oculars 40mm to 6mm 2X Barlow
mike49mercury@gmail.com
brian livesey

Re: Moriba K. Jah

Post by brian livesey »

It looks very impressive Mike, but maybe a bit over our heads for some of us on popastro. :wink:
brian
mikemarotta

Re: Moriba K. Jah

Post by mikemarotta »

Oh, I don't know about that, Brian. We all consume a lot of technical information about photography and imaging and instrumentation. Our local club often hosts lectures from university professors and researchers. You might not understand everything, but you get most of it; and later on you can read up on whatever you want.
Michael E. Marotta
Explore Scientific 102 mm Refractor
National Geographic 70 mm Refractor
Ploessl oculars 40mm to 6mm 2X Barlow
mike49mercury@gmail.com