The non amateur stuff. Hawking, black holes, that sort of thing
Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore
- Posts: 5340
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am
Is it M33 or M101?
'Confused of Tunbridge Wells'
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:12 pm
- Location: Sheffield (53° 21' N 1° 12' W)
I think it's M101 that is the galaxy in question.
Can be a bit confusing as both galaxies are often referred to as the 'pinwheel'.
All the best
Meade LX 200 (7"). Odyssey 8" Dob.
11X80 10x50 15x70 bins
Celestron Neximage ccd cam
- Posts: 5361
- Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 am
- Location: Lancashire
Oops! Yes, it is M101.
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:41 pm
- Location: 55° 57'N: 03° 08'W
Kelly Beatty in Sky and Telescope has the wrong Right Ascension
for M101. He gives 4hours etc, whereas it should be 14hours.
Don't be misled.