It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am

Post subject: Dr Tom Bearden
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm 

I would ask people to watch this following video. Its about an hour long and in 8 sections the link to the following section is visable at the end of each section. Watch all of it because later on he explains the fundamental problems with the scientific fraternity and the existing models.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4U4sNi3WA

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Dr Tom Bearden
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quasar wrote:
I would ask people to watch this following video.

No thanks. Who is "Dr." Tom Bearden? Is that the same guy who bought his own PhD? I would prefer to devote an hour of my precious time to people who have actually earned their academic credentials.

Post subject: Re: Dr Tom Bearden
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 pm 

joe wrote:
Quasar wrote:
I would ask people to watch this following video.

No thanks. Who is "Dr." Tom Bearden? Is that the same guy who bought his own PhD? I would prefer to devote an hour of my precious time to people who have actually earned their academic credentials.

LOL. He was right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

If this is to be the tone of this topic then I'll remove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 pm 

joe wrote:
If this is to be the tone of this topic then I'll remove it.

No, the tone of the topic is Tom Bearden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm 

I try not to get involved in contentious discussions and I am new to the Internet. But looking at joe's reference I certainly would not waste my time looking at any such video.

Regards, David.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 am 

Everyone on here seems to be open minded enough from what I've read so far. People are clever enough to be able to determine fact from fiction. I'm not asking people to read material or watch video's because I think that this guy is correct and other people are wrong, I'm asking people just to have a look at it from a scientific point of view then make their own mind up. There is nothing to be afraid of if this man is some fruit cake is there?
We can all laugh about it when I've been made a fool of by posting this material after all when it has been proved to be wrong.
So what's the problem Joe, it's just some alternative theory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 am 
Site Admin

The only problem I have, Quasar, is wasting time reading or listening to another "pet theory", especially one that's an hour long. I've done it too often over the years and I'd need good reason (which you don't offer) to treat this one differently, especially since a simple Google of his name brings up the controversy around his credentials. I know you are accusing me of not giving alternative views a chance but, while that might be true here on this forum, it's not true in general.

Forums have a tendency to attract everyone who feels they have discovered the solutions to all the problems of science. It's good that anyone can access them and I'd love it if someone took a look at the video and gave their opinion. It won't be me right now as I'm working on deadline, my kids are sitting exams and I believe it's my turn to cook tonight. And I need a haircut. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:46 pm 

Dear Quasar
I think you "may" be well meaning but WRONG in giving credance or leeway to a\any astronomer fruitcakes.
I totally agree with Joe - indeed I suspect I feel even stronger than Joe about it.
Some years ago I was involved in several, what burgeoned into serious matters with a fruitcake.
I'll not go long windedly into what became quite complicated and very unpleasant issues.
However, as far as I am concerned whilst most fruitcakes might be acceptably "containable" in my experience one in particular was not.
So I think you are either WRONG, naive, or both.
I'll go further and say I think your apparent support of (dr) Tom Bearden is at best misguided and most probably totally irresponsible.
Best of luck from Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:47 pm 

Cliff wrote:
Dear Quasar
I think you "may" be well meaning but WRONG in giving credance or leeway to a\any astronomer fruitcakes.
I totally agree with Joe - indeed I suspect I feel even stronger than Joe about it.
Some years ago I was involved in several, what burgeoned into serious matters with a fruitcake.
I'll not go long windedly into what became quite complicated and very unpleasant issues.
However, as far as I am concerned whilst most fruitcakes might be acceptably "containable" in my experience one in particular was not.
So I think you are either WRONG, naive, or both.
I'll go further and say I think your apparent support of (dr) Tom Bearden is at best misguided and most probably totally irresponsible.
Best of luck from Cliff

Tom Bearden is far from fruitcake status and if you read the link that Joe posted you will have understoood that. He has been involved in some serious although questionable science projects and is largely a supporter of Tesla's early work. If you are going as far as suggesting Nicola Tesla was of fruitcake status then I suppose i'm just wasting my time really.
It seems you are neither educated on the work of Tesla and his followers nor willing to be interested in what he stood for.
Totally irresponsible? wow, I never realised how deep you felt about it...and I thought we were just discussing possibilties of the Universe and the science involved. Guess I'd better buy myself a set of blinkers and join in with the rest of the crowd. LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:58 pm 

Well, I posted a thread in which I thought there might be some interesting debate about Lorenz and a few more early scientists. Seems to me that the science has dissappeared from the forum and its become a bitching machine.
Shame really, it used to be good on here, used to be some educated feedback and some super debates. Can't seem to be able to get into one anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 pm 

Dear Quasar
Firstly as far as I'm concerned I think the term fruit cake was brought into this discussion by "you" (although arguably I shortened it to a single waord "fruitcake".
Secondly, I don't think I've ever referred to Tessla as a fruit cake, or a fruitcake. I do not want to digress into discussing Tessla.
Whatever, as far as I am concerned this Tom Bearden character is of no interest to me.
Irrespective of Bearden's status as being a fruitcake or not, one thing I think you did suggest previously is that there is no harm in letting "fruitcakes" have their say.
Well, I have to say I'm afraid I think somewhat differently. I had experience of one particular amateur astronomer who I am happy to classify as a "fruitcake" and as far as I'm concerned he was a dangerous fruitcake.
I certainly hope that if you introduce any "Bearden topics" onto this chat forum you will clarify them as being "Bearden" related and not introduce them under a different guise.
As far as I am concerned anything Beaden related I want no involvement.
Best of luck from Cliff