Eyepieces, the good the bad and the ugly

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: Guy Fennimore, joe, Brian

thomasfn

Eyepieces, the good the bad and the ugly

Post by thomasfn »

Hi guys, i currently own only two eyepeices, a 25mm and a 10mm along with a x2 barlow so i guess you could say i own 4. i got these with my first telescope, but what i want to know is weather their is a big difference in the ones supplied and purchasing top of the line eyepieces, and as for that matter what make would a top of the line eyepeice be and price range? iam seriously considering investing in a new set but dont want to spend my money only to find out theirs no apparent improvment at all :S please help.
Thank you in advance.
skywatcher skymax-90+EQ1,strathspey 15x70 bins.
mike a feist
Location: Portslade, Sussex Lat 50deg 51min Long 0deg 13mins West

Post by mike a feist »

For anyone to answer realistically it might be helpful if you could supply more information on those eyepieces that you have, ie make, type etc. You will find such info on them. Even letters are informative. etc. maf
thomasfn

Post by thomasfn »

their is nothing else written on them apart from what ive already mentioned, a presume their not all that special as the telescope its self was only 150 pounds.
skywatcher skymax-90+EQ1,strathspey 15x70 bins.
Lady Isabella

Post by Lady Isabella »

As your scope is f/13.88, I would think that any half-decent Plossl eyepiece will give very good views. BTW, I have those two eyepieces, and I really like the 25mm model. If it were me, I would not waste money on any really expensive eyepieces for use with a Mak scope.