Next Pop Astro Live Meeting

This is the place to discuss all things related to Vicky Duncalf’s Pop Astro Live shows, which are streamed via Facebook and YouTube.

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

JohnM

Next Pop Astro Live Meeting

Post by JohnM »

Is the Pop Astro Live meeting going to be on Friday or Thursday this week ?

I prefer Thursdays due to better video and my other commitments on Fridays.

John
Data Miner & Amateur Astronomer
RMSteele

Re: Next Pop Astro Live Meeting

Post by RMSteele »

Thursdays seem to be a better night for internet broadcast, John. By the way I was very interested to see your note about the new gamma Draconis meteors (I am sure it was you who mentioned it, correct me if I’m wrong). Kind thoughts, Bob
JohnM

Re: Next Pop Astro Live Meeting

Post by JohnM »

Bob et al,

Vicky's internet seemed quite good until the end when it descended into blocky bandwidth limited mode. Not sure what is going on but it seems a bit strange. Not sure if it is the wi-fi connection but at one time I think we were told the software required a network cable connection ?

I have posted a bit about the new meteor shower I put in the chat last night into the observing section. Better there than here I think.

Back to looking for planets round white dwarf stars now - it's a long story but they need to fix the Alerce Transient Broker first ( http://alerce.science/services/ztf-explorer/ ). There is a SN classifier on that site as well if you like confirming faint SN discoveries. The thing of interest at the moment are the Super Luminous Super Novae but they are quite rare.

John
Data Miner & Amateur Astronomer