Brian

Sky at Night Forum closing after 15 years

Post by Brian »

This has just been announced on the S&N Forum site:

http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/forum ... 29704.html
Brian
52.3N 0.6W
Wellingborough UK.

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed
skyhawk

Re: Sky at Night Forum closing after 15 years

Post by skyhawk »

Big deal no surprises there then

1. The Sky at night is a joke now NOT what Patrick intended
2. The magazine is no longer Amature orientated just another amongst many
3. The forum was poorly run with minimal "bothering" from the team
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
mike a feist
Location: Portslade, Sussex Lat 50deg 51min Long 0deg 13mins West

Post by mike a feist »

I have only ever used this Forum and was not even aware of the 'Sky at Night' one. As for Twitter & Facebook I do not subscribe to these. I do sometimes buy the magazine or read a copy that a friend buys. As for the BBC TV programme, I have only watched it a couple of times since PM died, and it did go a bit off even near the end of his era when he was unwell. Perhaps it should have died with him! Regards maf
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

mike a feist wrote:I have only ever used this Forum and was not even aware of the 'Sky at Night' one. As for Twitter & Facebook I do not subscribe to these. I do sometimes buy the magazine or read a copy that a friend buys. As for the BBC TV programme, I have only watched it a couple of times since PM died, and it did go a bit off even near the end of his era when he was unwell. Perhaps it should have died with him! Regards maf

:)
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Like Mike - I never used the S@N forum and didn't realise it existed until Brian pointed us to its closure . I haven't been watching TV S@N much, but thought it might have been just me getting older. And UK monthly astro magazines are getting quite expensive so I rarely buy them. I did get the May S&N mag because of its Sun article by Prof Lucie Green. However, the 6 page article includes 1.5 pages of the Sun in extreme Ultra Violet, a montage of 365 images each showing the Sun about 10mm diameter. A bit small for my liking ! I suppose I'll need to wait another 12 months to see another article about the Sun. Meanwhile another Black hole might blink at somebody causing another sensation. But it was very interesting for me to read about the Sun's Gleissberg Cycles in Prof Green's May S@N article.
Best wishes from Cliff
Paul Sutherland
Site Admin

Post by Paul Sutherland »

Like many, I have not often visited the Sky at Night forum, despite often writing for the magazine. However, now I have revisited, I see there are some threads that are quite useful. I hope the magazine doesn't just vape them as they could be useful for future reference.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I see the S@N Forum address now teleports the user directly to the Facebook page. Not sure if the old Forum is even readable now?
Brian
52.3N 0.6W
Wellingborough UK.

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

Brian wrote:I see the S@N Forum address now teleports the user directly to the Facebook page. Not sure if the old Forum is even readable now?

But you can't post on it, it is just a place for them to post which is pointless