It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:42 am

Post subject: Pop Astro membership
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:52 pm 

Evening all,i used too be a member,was wondering how long the membership packs take too arrive,thinking of joining again before Xmas,thx.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Pop Astro membership
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:30 pm 

Andy
I've always found the SPA pretty efficient. But keep in mind it does have difficulties getting people to do all the jobs, and it's now getting quite close to Xmas. However, you could wait and join next year & get the welcome pack before Xmas 2019 !
Best of luck from Cliff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:56 am 

Actually I am seriously considering NOT renewing my membership

The forum is almost and rarely used by any but the few regulars, and I get nothing for my membership in Wales other than a magazine

Shame, perhaps if I lived in England and could get to the only place that appears to have meetings I may stay but other than that I see no reason to remain.

Am I missing something, as you can still use the forum as a NON member?

Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:54 am 

Cliff wrote:
Andy
I've always found the SPA pretty efficient. But keep in mind it does have difficulties getting people to do all the jobs, and it's now getting quite close to Xmas. However, you could wait and join next year & get the welcome pack before Xmas 2019 !
Best of luck from Cliff

Thanks Cliff,i see my old posts are still here,haha,AndyT ones,I am going to rejoin,it's a great forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:57 am 

skyhawk wrote:

The forum is almost and rarely used by any but the few regulars, and I get nothing for my membership in Wales other than a magazine
Sorry you feel that way buddy,I see the sections are still here,maybe worth contributing there I think too.
Shame, perhaps if I lived in England and could get to the only place that appears to have meetings I may stay but other than that I see no reason to remain.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:13 pm 

Andy Turner wrote:
skyhawk wrote:

Sorry you feel that way buddy,I see the sections are still here,maybe worth contributing there I think too.

all you have done is quote me not responded ??????

Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:26 pm 

My response buddy is in the above post,still finding my way around here lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:55 pm 

Sadly, with many excellent , knowledgeable and above all free Astro groups available on the internet, "paid-membership" societies are becoming an anachronism (IMHO). At least with the "millennial" generations who grew up with mobile internet technology. It is just evolution at work I guess :)

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 pm 

Brian wrote:
Sadly, with many excellent , knowledgeable and above all free Astro groups available on the internet, "paid-membership" societies are becoming an anachronism (IMHO). At least with the "millennial" generations who grew up with mobile internet technology. It is just evolution at work I guess :)

Shame, as I was a member of the JAS

BUT then if they can not change with the times they go bust, BHS, etc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:34 pm 

Skyhawk & Brian
I just typed a long epistle in response to your recent comments but got time out-ted.
I tend to agree with you both.
Though not strictly astronomy related, Skyhawk - you caught a nerve mentioning BHS.
My wife and I both thought our local BHS was quite a nice shop. Of course it was suddenly shut down - in my opinion - at the whim of all people, a Knight of the Realm.
I will not bore you with more - and risk getting time out-ted again
from Cliff