Sundials in Rome Italy

Astronomically-related chat

Moderators: Guy Fennimore, joe, Brian

mike a feist
Location: Portslade, Sussex Lat 50deg 51min Long 0deg 13mins West

Sundials in Rome Italy

Post by mike a feist »

Can anyone come up with a list of easily found public sundials in ROME......(I found a good list a few weeks ago but cannot now locate it!) mike
LeoLion

Post by LeoLion »

This may help a little in that it is a comprehensive Sundial Catalogue with images . It is in Czech ( but easy peasy to use with Google Chrome ) . Here is the link http://astro.mff.cuni.cz/mira/sh/sh.php ... gue_region . There is a section for Italy . To link direct to the Italian list was a super long URL . Plenty in here for any keen sundial enthusiast on holiday !
Davej

Post by Davej »

Hi Mike,
I don't know if this list will be amongst the list that LeoLion posted (unable to convert it so I don't know)
Might be helpful ...

http://www.letterspace.com/POSTCARDS/08.htm

All the best
Dave
Meade LX 200 (7"). Odyssey 8" Dob.
11X80 10x50 15x70 bins
Celestron Neximage ccd cam
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

I've heard Respighi's "Cedars of Rome" and his "Fountains of Rome", but he didn't get round to doing a "Sundials of Rome". Pity.
brian
david entwistle

Re: Sundials in Rome Italy

Post by david entwistle »

mike a feist wrote:Can anyone come up with a list of easily found public sundials in ROME......(I found a good list a few weeks ago but cannot now locate it!) mike
Gnonomica Italiana maintain a database of sundials throughout Italy, so they'll know. I've spent a while exploring their web site and the best information I've found there is the photo album for the region Lazio this includes Rome. It may be worth contacting them for additional information.
David Entwistle