P1050711.jpg
P1050711.jpg [ 75.4 KiB | Viewed 1030 times ]

Attachment:
P1050713.jpg
P1050713.jpg [ 105.22 KiB | Viewed 1030 times ]

Attachment:
P1050714.jpg
P1050714.jpg [ 99.13 KiB | Viewed 1030 times ]

Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others :) ,

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm 

Nice camera. I have the ASI 120MC colour camera for general lunar/planetary/solar imaging. It's a good camera and I need to get more use out of it :)

regards

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 pm 

I got a mono camera because I am mainly interested in the Moon, but also because it is better ( I am told) for Ha, with a PST

I do have a Celestron Nex Image 5 that has been modded, the IR filter removed, as thek KILL Ha

Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others :) ,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 pm 

I also have the ASI 120MC and should use it more.

Are there any useful projects to be done with the 'whole sky' wide angle lens supplied with the camera?

Regards - Graham

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:57 pm 

You could consider using it as part of an "all-sky" camera to record meteors and other transients in the night sky. This would be quite a demanding project I think, see here for some info about using the 120MM as an all-sky camera. The 120MC should work in the same way:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/2735 ... ky-camera/

HTH and Good Luck :)

Regards,

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
Ro-Ro roof shed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:38 pm 

Thanks Brian - I will look at that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:30 pm 

Skyhawk
You mentioned elsewhere having problems stacking images.
Have you sorted that problem out now ?
If you haven't yet sorted the problem out do you want to : -
A) stack several long exposures of Deep Sky objects taken with say a D-SLR
or B) is your problem stacking numerous separate frames of video clips.
If the latter (ie B) is your problem, I am no expert, but I take video Clips of the Sun using my Opticstar PL-131 m (ie monochrome) video camera through my 88mm aperture about 500mm focal length refractor producing White Light images after stacking with Registax Version 5. I use my 60mm aperture SolarMax to take video clips in Hydrogen Alpha to get Prominence images ( requiring strong video clip Exposures - ie the disk of the Sun being glaring white). To get Ha video Clips showing the Sun's disk detail - super-granulations, filaments, or plage etc, these require much weaker exposures (which don't reveal prominences. I usually aim to get about 20second video clips (providing about 200 frames per video clip - but roughly 100 to 300 in practice). Each video clip loads from my PL-131m camera into an appropriate file in my Laptop. I usually try to get at least three video clips of each Sun subject want ie White Light, Prominences, Disk Detail, ( ie 9 No video clips or more in all) collected for image processing at my leisure (if you can call it that !). Whatever, I later process at least one subject clip per subject, using Registax (previously loaded in my Laptop - in my case Version 5 although there are later versions available. One thing which is very important of course, the video clips must be in a suitable format to use in Registax (or which other image stacking programme you use). If I remember correctly my video camera produces videdo clips in "avi" format. The resultant stacked single image being JPEG. My final image processing eg adding typed gen, is completed using Paint Shop Pro.
Best of luck from Cliff y

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:28 pm 

Cliff wrote:
Skyhawk
You mentioned elsewhere having problems stacking images.
Have you sorted that problem out now ?
If you haven't yet sorted the problem out do you want to : -
A) stack several long exposures of Deep Sky objects taken with say a D-SLR
or B) is your problem stacking numerous separate frames of video clips.
If the latter (ie B) is your problem, I am no expert, but I take video Clips of the Sun using my Opticstar PL-131 m (ie monochrome) video camera through my 88mm aperture about 500mm focal length refractor producing White Light images after stacking with Registax Version 5. I use my 60mm aperture SolarMax to take video clips in Hydrogen Alpha to get Prominence images ( requiring strong video clip Exposures - ie the disk of the Sun being glaring white). To get Ha video Clips showing the Sun's disk detail - super-granulations, filaments, or plage etc, these require much weaker exposures (which don't reveal prominences. I usually aim to get about 20second video clips (providing about 200 frames per video clip - but roughly 100 to 300 in practice). Each video clip loads from my PL-131m camera into an appropriate file in my Laptop. I usually try to get at least three video clips of each Sun subject want ie White Light, Prominences, Disk Detail, ( ie 9 No video clips or more in all) collected for image processing at my leisure (if you can call it that !). Whatever, I later process at least one subject clip per subject, using Registax (previously loaded in my Laptop - in my case Version 5 although there are later versions available. One thing which is very important of course, the video clips must be in a suitable format to use in Registax (or which other image stacking programme you use). If I remember correctly my video camera produces videdo clips in "avi" format. The resultant stacked single image being JPEG. My final image processing eg adding typed gen, is completed using Paint Shop Pro.
Best of luck from Cliff y

I have always had problems with this forum not signing on when I re visit and it never tells me bout new posts, sorry.

No I have yet to learn, the problem I have is being Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD I don't have the concentration to read books and sometimes even youtube videos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:28 pm 

Brian wrote:
You could consider using it as part of an "all-sky" camera to record meteors and other transients in the night sky. This would be quite a demanding project I think, see here for some info about using the 120MM as an all-sky camera. The 120MC should work in the same way:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/2735 ... ky-camera/

HTH and Good Luck :)

Regards,

Thanks just seen your post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 pm 

In a week (having sold my not too useful PST) this will arrive from Simon at the WSC (known Simon as long as I have/did my mate Patrick Moore.

https://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/qua ... piece.html

and

https://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/sky ... o-ota.html

I am desperate to stack, :( :( :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:10 pm 

Skyhawk,

to set up e-mail notification of replies to threads you have contributed to, go to

"User Control panel" (top right , just above todays date) then
"Board Preferences" on the left-hand menu, then
"Edit posting defaults" and make sure the "Yes" button is selected for "notify me of replies by default"
then hit "submit".

You need to have an email address set up under "Profile/edit account settings" to receive updates,

Hope this helps,

Ro-Ro roof shed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:05 am 

Thanks

Thought just ticking the box notify me of replies was enough :)