Glowing balls in the sky

Don't be shy! If you're just starting out, here's the place to ask that first question

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

dino

Post by dino »

p.s. heres my original post from july last year http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/category/uk-ufo ... r/page/10/ mines at the bottom of the page dino crolla
Lady Isabella

Post by Lady Isabella »

While most of the orange lights I see at night are Chinese lanterns, I have now seen over the last couple of months, an aircraft that is using
Anti-collision lights that are different from those I normally observe on aircraft at night.

On the first occasion I saw a very bright orange ball going South to North. At first I thought it was a Chinese lantern but this one looked different. With the binoculars I could see that it was an airplane. With the unaided eye it just looked like an orange ball of light that never changed in colour or brightness . I have now seen the same aircraft a couple of times, with the plane always on the same flight path which is different to the usual civil flight paths around me.

At night I get quite a few civil aircraft flying over, and their ACL's are totally different to the ones I see on this so far un-identified aircraft. I have tried to find out who is operating this plane, but have so far failed. It might be that others are seeing this aircraft and like me think it is a Chinese lantern.
Alastair McBeath

Post by Alastair McBeath »

Lady Isabella: Interesting aircraft light reports. Aircraft exhausts (especially afterburners) are another source of "false fireball" sightings, but even ordinary cabin lights can be difficult to identify sometimes, and as you said, this is really where binoculars come in.

Robin: Many thanks for your detailed lantern comments. Unsurprisingly, they mirror the information coming through to me in the plagues of sightings from recent years. As for the emergency services, from the remarks I've seen, and judging by some of the sightings I've received directly, the information can be so vague you can't be sure what's been seen, and in the case of lifeboats or other rescue services, any delay can be fatal.

And I see SPA Secretary Guy Fennimore posted a warning at the weekend on one of the "lantern" topics on the Observing Forum that Chinese New Year is coming up on Feb 14...

Alastair McBeath,
Meteor Director, Society for Popular Astronomy.
Meteor homepage: http://www.popastro.com/sections/meteor.htm
E-mail: <meteor@popastro.com> (messages under 150 kB in size only, please)
Lady Isabella

Post by Lady Isabella »

The plane has now been identified as a Lockheed L-1011.
I also managed to find its number and where it is operating from.
dino

my site

Post by dino »

Heres my site i created with descriptions & detailed paintings of most of my sightings 8)

http://dinossiteufo.weebly.com/
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Dino,
I looked at your first set of nice paintings.
Your report lacks two most important facts.
The apparent brightness given to the nearest magnitude for each painting.
You get this by comparing them to Venus, Jupiter, stars, The full Moon etc.
Without this information nobody can make a guess at what you saw.
Secondly the angular size of the object in each painting.
The Moon and Sun are half a degree. Your forefinger outstretched arm 1 or 1.5 degrees . Your outstretched fist 8 to 10 degrees.
Again without this information it is impossible to catagorise.
12 or 18 feet means nothing unless you give the distance.
There is absolutely no way you can tell a strange objects length in feet unless you know the distance.
Stereo vision works up to a hundred yards with good eyes and up to 600 yards with excellent sight in daylight but this needs critical observation and few people can do stereo distances of 600 yards.

So you reports are lacking critical measures.
Without these anything is just speculation.

Also how many degrees a second were they moving?

Regards, David
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Now as to your second set of paintings.
You again give feet without distance, and you are not being scientific in your approach or being even handed.
You are assuming the things you see are Alien, extraterrestrial etc. becuase of your belief in such things.
You give absolutely no proof that what you saw is not a natural or man made phenomenon.
Unfortunately when someone has beliefs such as these very little rational thinking can be brought to bear.

I have probably been looking at the sky a lot longer and more intensely than you and although I have made unusual sightings, every one has an explanation of this world.

Regards, David
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Dino.
Your third set of paintings.
I must say I do like your paintings.
Do you have migraine sometimes?

To say that the object is twenty miles across without knowing the distance is again totally unscientific.
And again you are explaining what you saw according to your belief system without rational thought or argument. You don't give angular size, angular speeds, magnitudes yet again.

But nice pictures.

David
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

As to your further paintings.
Same problems, no angular sizes, no angular speeds, no magnitude brightnesses. assuming sizes with no basis and no measurement.
It is probable there is no way you can ever be persuaded that what you have seen has a rational explanation or even be something in your eyes/brain that has no external origin.

But thanks for showing your paintings, they show talent.

Regards, David
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Dear Dino,
The next time you see the 20 mile plus object north of Manchester ask if you can be taken on a guided tour as the representative of the North West.
Suggest they might like to relocate to Blackpool, where this additional attraction would be well received.
They could moor themselves to the top of Blackpool Tower, providing access.
Ask for a free pass to their full size golf course, where you could join the great Kim Jong il for his daily round of golf.
You might be pushed to equal his normal 34 full round score, 38-under-par, but I am sure your score will be reasonable, although you may not always equal his 11 aces.
Perhaps avoid July 4, Independence Day, but any other date should be fine.

Regards, David
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

dino wrote: im quite puzzled why nobody else has seen them close up and reported it
I can think of one good reason.

Nevertheless, you have no concrete information, proper measurements or corroboration therefore there's no point in continuing to post on this subject. Others have pointed out the usual reasons for odd light sources.
200mm Newtonian, OMC140, ETX90, 15x70 Binoculars.
Ender Of Days

Post by Ender Of Days »

To say this was an unexplained sighting you seem to be filling in an awefull lot of blanks !,
It can be perfectly still at ground level yet quite blustery higher up,just seeing debri during the day time shows this,
Always fascinating but sadly everything above has already been explained,however I'd say keep looking and enjoy the skies above our heads,

JJ..
aint no speed limit where im comin from ..
lets hit the highway doing 69

ETX 125
Meade Series 4000 box set
Ender Of Days

Post by Ender Of Days »

Oops ! Posted the above without noticing page 2,
It looks like the sightings have taken on a religious feeling,and I doublt anything anyone on here tells you will change your "open mind" on this matter,
After seeing at least one of the pictures I also thought of my own migranes,

And to say the object had to be under Intelligent control when you know no facts of what you were looking at has no validity,
On forums such as this you will get good sencible advice from people who love the skies and all things conected,you won't get the blind belife of ufo forums though,we are harder to convince (lol)

But don't be disheartened,pull up a chair grab a beer and welcome to the furum :-)

(Posted via blackberry,so apologies for any spooling mistakes)

JJ..
aint no speed limit where im comin from ..
lets hit the highway doing 69

ETX 125
Meade Series 4000 box set
dino

ufos

Post by dino »

Hi and thank you for your replies 8)

Sorry its taken a while to answer some questions.

Its difficult to say how bright my first sighting & encounter was because they were spheres with an assortment of different size/ colour/ intensity of jets & flame, but the flames were mostly orange/yellow.

Its also difficult to say precisely how big these spheres were But i know that the one that came over to me & almost right above where i was standing was roughly the size of my outstretched fist , although when i first spotted these spheres they were the size of my fingernail on my little finger.. Hope that helps..

As i said in my site i created , the fiery spheres were quite bright & when the last pair stopped & one came over to where i was stood it dimmed down so by time it was closest to me i could see a lot more details.

Looking almost straight up at this object without references to its size or anything to compare it with would be impossible to gauge its size But i was fortunate enough to see all four spheres travel from a short distance ,id say 1 or 2 miles away to then pass me and proceed to another couple of miles away. But the one that came over then gave me a good estimate of the size overall.

Degrees a second??,, iv already explained the rough speed of all my sightings & i have a good eye for detail so although approximate they are Good estimations.

Obviously the one that came over to me had to slow to a halt eventually but like i said overall when they traveled in pairs before the last pair stopped they were travelling roughly 3 times the speed of a hot air balloon , these things were totally silent , it was a crystal clear night & no wind present.

David i Presume they were alien craft on each & every occasion Only because i have not heard otherwise i.e. hoaxers or whatever..

I have No belief in such things as being extraterrestrials till they come down & tell me so personally that they are reality , it could be anything for all i know & a clever hoax although in my honest opinion that is highly unlikely as there would be little or no point.

One thing i can say with absolute certainty is all my sightings were no way a natural phenomena.Unless of course they were produced by humans which could then be classed as natural i suppose, albeit silly games?.

Im open to suggestions but to say what i seen was everyday objects man made or not would just be silly considering ...

My second sighting on my site & most of the others i have included things like buildings , trees or landscape to give a good idea of size , now im hardly going to get the tape measure out or visit the rough area to be even more specific..

Thank you for liking my pictures David, i tried my utmost to recreate more or less exactly what i saw.

Migraines????,lol, No i Never suffer from migraines & i cannot see the connection ??.

You may have observed the sky for years David & seen nothing unnatural & i cannot explain that, or why others like myself do so?..

Actually i have a Very rational way of looking at things & i cannot think of a rational explanation besides (massive hoax) for my eyes only somehow,
or of course all my sightings & few encounters have actually been genuine ufo controlled by e.t. or with e.t. inside the things.

The 20 miles across pillar of light with huge plasma type ball of light shooting down the centre & into earth is a rough guess & probably close to the truth or it could have even been bigger , who knows ?, like i said i can hardly get out the tape measure for that one either. All i can say is iv a good eye for judging distances Even at night a large area is a large area!.

Nope sorry i cannot be persuaded any of my sightings were rational natural or man made events Unless someone came forward with proof they were all man made hoaxes for one reason or another.

"Others have pointed out the usual reasons for odd light sources"

I Doubt very much others could point out any usual reasons for any of what iv seen or experienced.

If i could get an animator to help me recreate Exactly what i seen on every occasion then lots of answers to questions could be shown visually, i.e. distance/speed/size/behavior.

End Of Days,, thats narrow minded to say "everything above our heads has already been explained , if your ever in my city then your more than welcome to visit me & if your fortunate then you may also witness something, besides that i can only suggest you keep looking for the unexplainable in the skies where you live .Im an honest Very level headed person that has seen these things & i just want some answers, in the meantime i fully intend using every clear night to try getting credible proof on film , even 1 solitary event will do me.

"It can be perfectly still at ground level yet quite blustery higher up,just seeing debri during the day time shows this"

I dont see how your above comment relates to what iv witnessed e.o.d ??

I most certainly Wasnt looking at debris floating in the wind,, did you not view my site??.

Also why are you saying its taken on a religious feeling??. ,lol, im far from religious

If seeing my pictures reminds you of migraines , then im at a loss & totally confused as to what your on about?..And Yes your Right anything anyone tells me Wont change my mind because they would have to be specific & birds/aircraft/ or anything equally as ridiculous wont persuade me & if my site is viewed & read properly then i should not be blamed for that. Now on the other hand If i were shown evidence of what i seen or (felt) & it was fully believable & solid then Yes , im fully persuadable.

I have bought several outdoor cameras & a multi channel recorder which i will be using soon to get a panoramic view of the entire sky around my city & that coupled with a more sophisticated scope with camera attached should be all i need to get some convincing footage in the hopefully near future, i will keep this forum updated if i get some credible footage

8)
joe
Site Admin

Post by joe »

Dino,

This is not a UFO website where people swap stories about unexplained objects observed in the sky. You are not the first person to come here with an amazing sighting. All have come to nothing. If you manage to record some footage of these objects then one or two people here might be interested but most won't be holding their breath.

I don't wish to be disrespectful but perhaps you might get more of response somewhere else for this sort of thing.
200mm Newtonian, OMC140, ETX90, 15x70 Binoculars.