It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 am

Post subject: Lunar Phase Pro V2?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:11 am 

Having enjoyed using the free version on S@N's March cover disk, and having been repeatedly pestered via email to upgrade to V2, I took the plunge this morning.
Having dug out the relevant S@N to find the reader code (to qualify for a 15% discount), I paid the 'digital download' fee via PayPal and seconds later received a receipt by return.

Errr... what happens now?

Does anyone have experience of how or where I actually download V2 from? The 'download a trial of V2' link is dead (a Not Found 404 error), so it can't be that.

Presume I sit back and wait for an email from Mr Nugent with download instructions, or something? I hate having my money 'disappear' over the Internet like this.

...repeatedly checking inbox and drumming fingers impatiently... :?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Sorted!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:18 pm 

Sorted!

Swift response from Mr Nugent to say that LunarPhase Pro v.2 should have started downloading automatically after the PayPal payment, but there was obviously a glitch somewhere. Could be because because almost nothing 'automatically' happens on my PC without my prior knowledge and express permission 8)

All's sorted out now of folks, and to my mind LunarPhase Pro v.2 is worth paying-up for. A free upgrade to the upcoming v.3 is also included, but anyway, I like to support 'struggling' software writers by paying-up.

Should you be on the verge of upgrading yourself, I should mention that my version of Firefox (1.5.0.4.) flags up the "upgrade to v.2 here" link in Gary Nugent's recent "LunarPhase Pro v.3 News" e-mail as a scam/ untrustworthy web page... this is NOT the case.

Readers will understand that having had to cautiously check through the source code for obvious signs of a scam before being swiftly relieved of my hard earnt, I became understandably apprehensive when quick as a flash... absolutely nothing happened. I'm sure normal service has now been resumed.

Profile Send private message