It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Post subject: SkyFi III
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm 

Hi. I'm trying to set up a SkyFi III wifi gizmo, which plugs into my Celestron Nexstar 6SE scope. Connection is by cable, with a micro usb connection at the SkyFi end and a mini usb connection at the scope handset end. The idea is that, using the SkySafari Android app on my smartphone, I can use the phone to control the scope, "goto" chosen objects etc etc.

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with SkyFi, this basically sets up its own wifi hotspot, which the phone can then log in to. As previously stated, the user can then direct the scope using the SkiSafari app's commands & menus.

So far, so good. However........

The phone has successfully found the new wifi network, and is willing to play with it. Trouble is, when I go into SkySafari's setup screen for the scope and press "Connect", I get a message (as shown in the pic below):

Attachment:
Screenshot_20181109-165628.jpg
Screenshot_20181109-165628.jpg [ 47.38 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]

It is simple enough to check that the power is on. As for selecting the right scope, there is a list of about 7 or 8 Celestron scopes, although only one specifically mentions the Nexstar SE. I did try every single one, just to be sure, and in each case the setup failed.

I cannot think what it is I'm doing wrong, and would appreciate some assistance, if possible.

Alan Stewart

Attachments:
Screenshot_20181109-165628.jpg
Screenshot_20181109-165628.jpg [ 47.38 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]

Profile Send private message