Why are neighbours so ignorant

Here's the place for any sights you wish to remark on

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

skyhawk

Why are neighbours so ignorant

Post by skyhawk »

Only considering themselves

Now I have to tolerate wind chimes when out in the garden
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
michael feist

Re: Why are neighbours so ignorant

Post by michael feist »

I have never considered sound to be an essential part of astronomical observation with the slight exception of possible sound from fireballs but I can understanding the persisted jangling of wind chimes, especial during the current very windy weather, can disturb any sense of peace during skywatching. However I do not think that 'ignorant' is the appropriate description, perhaps 'annoying' would be better. maf
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

Especially when like me as you see in my signature I am Autistic

Ignorant of others !, lack of thought/connsideration
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
nigeljoslin

Post by nigeljoslin »

I think `ignorant' is the correct term, in the sense of uncaring of others. I have suffered the same problem, people who consider it their `right' to invade other people's piece and quiet, putting a large wind chime near to my house.

If I put up a loud wind chime and a neighbour complained I would take it down.
Skywatcher 350P f4.65, Skywatcher StarTravel 102 f5, Adler Optik 9x63 binoculars
michael feist

Post by michael feist »

'Ignorant' means uneducated, and unaware according to my dictionary. Perhaps they are unaware or ignorant of the fact that that damned windchime does annoy the neighbours. If you point out that it drives you nuts and destroys your peace and then they do nothing about it, that is another matter entirely! regards maf
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

michael feist wrote:'Ignorant' means uneducated, and unaware according to my dictionary. Perhaps they are unaware or ignorant of the fact that that damned windchime does annoy the neighbours. If you point out that it drives you nuts and destroys your peace and then they do nothing about it, that is another matter entirely! regards maf

Hair splitting

nigeljoslin

Post by nigeljoslin »

At least the main thing is they don't light-pollute me...but I whispered that! :mrgreen:
Skywatcher 350P f4.65, Skywatcher StarTravel 102 f5, Adler Optik 9x63 binoculars