It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am 

Need Basic help in ENGLISH not scientific talk

I am pleased that I finally have the camera NEXIMAGE5 connected to the scope PST, and laptop.

I am not daft it takes experience and patience to get images of the Sun, so I am now asking the pros here....

What next.

Using icap software (happy to use anything better IF it is easy to install)

Images are of course garbage but it works

Thanks

Attachments:
m.jpg
m.jpg [ 178.08 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]
bb.jpg
bb.jpg [ 215.8 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]
b.jpg
b.jpg [ 93.95 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 pm 

I don't have any experience with the PST, but forum member "smerral" posts some excellent solar image here. Alternatively, as an SPA member you could make use of the expertise available from the Solar observing Group:
http://www.popastro.com/main_spa1/solar ... g-webcams/

regards,

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 am 

Hi there I am by no means an expert but on the images you have posted I think there are what is called ‘Newton’s rings’ these, I believe, are gotten rid of by creating a master flat, you do this by taking a pic of the surface, keep all settings and then drastically defocus, you need to take a few less frames for this, this should give you three avi’s (surface, prominences and flat) or whichever extension you chose. I, and I believe many others have (all free to download and use) Autostakkert, imPPG and GIMP, a lot of folk prefer Photoshop, but that is quite expensive.
I am not a pc expert, pretty useless really. There are videos on YouTube and one I often refer to is by Martin Wise otherwise known as Wise Imaging. The video lasts for just over 51minutes but answers most if not all questions. There is also article by Alexandra Hart named ‘how to image the sun’ this can be found at ‘solarnutcase’ well worth a read. Alex is possibly the Worlds best Solar imager.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 am 

Wise Imaging

Thanks found it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm 

Just one last thing. If you are interested in Solar Imaging May I suggest you sign in to Solarchat, where there are many different discussions regarding the Sun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:11 pm 

nelson wrote:
Just one last thing. If you are interested in Solar Imaging May I suggest you sign in to Solarchat, where there are many different discussions regarding the Sun.

Thanks and done

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 am 

Location: Portslade, Sussex Lat 50deg 51min Long 0deg 13mins West
To quote Skyhawk "Need Basic help in ENGLISH not scientific talk"
I guess imaging is a pretty technical subject! I do not understand most of the technical "lingo" myself Skyhawk. Still that's computers for you. regards maf